By Order of the Crown,
When committed on or against a citizen of the kingdom of Interphaze, the following acts are illegal and subject to the listed punishment.
Punishable by: Confiscation of all Property by the Crown, Loss of Citizenship, Branding as Outlaw, Execution, and Exile
Treason is the act of betraying the Crown and Kingdom of Interphaze to an outside power, and/or raising arms against the Crown and Kingdom by a citizen of the Kingdom of Interphaze. Dissent, debate, or speaking out against the crown is not treason.
Punishable by: Incarceration up to Execution, may be commuted to Service to the Crown
Any taking of sentient life is murder, except in the following cases:
- Legal Dueling. For a duel to be legal, it requires that an appointed representative of the Crown be present as a witness and that the duel be fought in such a manner as not to endanger third parties.
- Action taken against recognized enemies of the Crown
- Reasonable self defense.
Punishable by: Branding as Outlaw, Exile, and confiscation of Property by the Crown
Oathbreaking is the act of reneging on a formally sworn oath.
- For an oath to be binding, it must be sworn before at least one Officer of the Crown.
- An oath that requires the commission of a crime is never binding.
Punishable by: Fine to be assessed based on severity of assault and/or incarceration to be assessed based on severity of the assault, may be commuted to Service to the Crown.
Assault is defined as inflicting bodily harm on another or casting magic upon them without their consent, except in the following cases:Â
- Legal Dueling
- Healing magic cast on an unconscious person with the intent of saving their life.
That the assailant was taunted or provoked is not a defense, but it shall be considered a mitigating factor.
5. Destruction of Property
Punishable by: Fine equal to twice the cost of all destroyed property (1/2 to wronged party, 1/2 to the Crown), may be commuted to Service to the Crown.
Destruction of property is defined as destroying property without the ownerâ€™s consent.
Punishable by: Fine equal to twice the cost of all stolen property (1/2 to wronged party, 1/2 to the Crown), may be commuted to Service to the Crown.
Theft is the intentional taking or removal of property by another with intent to keep, use, or otherwise dispose of it as if it were their own.